Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Rockpool Homeschool
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

What Is The Rockpool Forum?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

fliztea

fliztea

The Aqua Fairy

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
  • Time on Deck:Six to ten years
  • HSing Style:Pick 'N Mix
Hey there! Welcome to our little corner of the internet! Let me tell you a little bit about the Rockpool.

Rockpool Homeschool is a supportive social networking site with a lively discussion forum for homeschooling parents primarily from Australia and New Zealand. Here you can share your homeschooling adventure with other parents in the same boat! You can also buy and sell homeschooling curriculum, find local homeschooling events, read product reviews and articles to help you get started.

The Rockpool began life as a forum that I created, not long after we began homeschooling. I was inspired by the community feeling of the Sonlight forums (based in the US) and wanted to create something similar to support homeschoolers in Australia and New Zealand. Now we have about 500 members and we are visited daily from all over the globe! Although we have a strong Australian and Kiwi focus, we love connecting with homeschoolers everywhere.

Initially the forum was known as "The Apple Tree". It has had several makeovers since those days. Yes, it's been a bit of a learning curve! However, I am really thrilled that the Rockpool has become more than I had ever hoped for! Not only is it a place where homeschooling parents can talk with each other and support each other in a positive environment, it has become a launching pad for camps, excursions, and so much more.

The members of the Rockpool have different backgrounds, beliefs, lifestyles and we're at different stages of the homeschooling journey, but we can all come here and share and learn from each other. For me the time I've put into running the forum has been repaid many times over with the wonderful friendships I've made.

A note for new visitors, if you register you will find that there are many more topics than you can see than as an unregistered visitor. Registration will allow you to participate in other areas of the site as well. Once you've registered don't forget to introduce yourself over here;
http://www.rockpoolh...-maiden-voyage/
so we can welcome you.
  • Nickstar likes this

fliztea

fliztea

The Aqua Fairy

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
  • Time on Deck:Six to ten years
  • HSing Style:Pick 'N Mix
Although most of us are from Australia and NZ, we do welcome members from all over the world, as long as you don't mind our crazy antipodean slang and spelling!

Thumbnail Screenshots by Thumbshots